igs pitching to isolated trees in 7 to 12 ft of water.
Big bass for day one was was caught by Jack. Slow rolling a spinner bait off a main lake point in 10' to 15' feet of water was the technique.
Great job to all the teams. The club had over 400lbs weighed in for the two days.
Lake Buchanan from 6:00am to 4:00pm with weigh-in at Burnet County Park
1. Mike Amescua & Mike Wagner 5 for 14.99
2. Eric Sherman & Grandpa Sherman 5 for 13.73
3. Wayne Orender & Keith Balkissoon 5 for 12.71
4. Rick Trussell & Jack Ashton 3 for 9.46 BB - 4.53
5. Richard Reed & Chuck Sherman 5 for 8.72
6. Kevin Balkissoon & John Hackney 5 for 8.56
7. Adrian Sapp & Adam DeLeon 3 for 5.50
8. Bill Ellis & David Brown 3 for 3.99
9. Jody Woodruff & Steve Bethea 2 for 2.96
10. Bill Wells & Rick Webster 1 for 1.60
11. Keith Ballard & Bill Gibson 0
TCBC was greeted to a near full Lake Buchanan but a windy day. The Mike's brought in a nice limit of bass to win the tournament. You are going to have to ask them how and where they caught'em.
Coming in 2nd was Grandpa and grandson Shermans. From the little info I could gather, Eric caught their limit with senkos in the grass.
Coming in 3rd was Wayne and Keith. They caught their fish on spinnerbaits, traps and plastics in the shallow grass.
Congrats to all the winning teams and to Rick T and Jack with Big Bass!
May 8 tournament held at LBJ from 6am to 4pm are:
1. Don Steussy & Kevin Balkissoon 5 for 11.87
2. Jack Ashton & George Ashton 4 for 9.70 BB of 5.02
3. Jody Woodruff & Mike Lee 5 for 8.77
4. Bill Wells & Mike Wagner 4 for 8.74
5. Mike Amescua & Chuck Sherman 5 for 8.72
6. Keith Ballard & Brandon Houston 5 for 8.64
7. Adrian Sapp & Steve Bethea 5 for 7.35
8. Keith Balkissoon & Eric Sherman 5 for 6.20
Lake Waco on June 12, 2010
1. Wayne Orender & Kevin Balkissoon 3 for 9.47 BB - 4.44
2. Chuck Sherman & Jack Ashton 3 for 4.77
3. Jody Woodruff & Adam DeLeon 3 for 4.65
4. Don Stuessy & Mike Wagner 2 for 4.24
5. Keith Balkissoon & Clint Bridges 2 for 3.64
6. Mike Amescua & Jesus Cruz 2 for 3.00
7. Rick Trussell & John Hackney 1 for 2.08
8. Willie Pesina & Brandon Houston 1 for 1.89
9. Keith Ballard & Coy Paige 1 for 1.66
10. Bill Wells & Cale Hilts 0
TCBC fished Lake Waco for the first time in many years. The club also voted on a 3 fish limit per team. The vote was to help keep the fish alive in the heat. Teams had high hopes for a limit but many patterns got changed due to high winds.
Even with 15 to 25mph winds and high air temperatures, Wayne and Kevin caught a nice 3 fish limit to take the win and big bass honors. From what I over heard a crankbait caught two nice fish.
Coming in 2nd was the favorites Papa Sherman and Jack
July 24 from 6am - 2pm at Lake Stillhouse with weigh-in at Union Grove with a three fish limit!
1. Bill Wells & Bill Gibson 3 for 5.48 BB - 2.40
2. Jody Woodruff & John Hackney 2 for 3.16
3. Don Steussy & Keith Balkissoon 1 for 1.25
4-9. Mike Amescua & Bill Ellis 0
Jack Ashton & Brandon Houston 0
Chuck Sherman & Willie Pesina 0
Steve Bethea & Kevin Balkissoon 0
Adrian Sapp & Cale Hilts 0
David Brown & Mike Wagner 0
Sure was hot out there! The Bill team caught there fish on brushhog and Zero's in a ft to 10ft of water. The J team caught one keeper on a jerkbait and the other on a brushhog also in shallow water.
LBJ tournament on 8/14/10 from 4am-11am
1.Keith Balkissoon/Luke Englund 3fish-----10.09lbs---BB4.89
2.Bill Wells/Brandon Houston 3fish-----5.42
3. Jody Woodruff/John Hackney 3fish-----4.72
4. Jack Ashton/Kevin Balkssoon 3fish-----4.24
5.Mike Amescua/Bill Gibson 2fish-----2.40
6.Chuck Sherman/Adrian Sapp 1fish-----1.35
7. Rick Trussell 0 ------0
Sept 11, 2010 on Lake Buchanon
1. Keith Ballard & Kevin Balkissoon 5 for 7.41
2. Keith Balkissoon & John Hackney 3 for 5.69
3. Jody Woodruff & Bill Gibson 2 for 4.55
4. Mike Amescua & Mike Wagner 3 for 4.33
5. Rick Trussell & Jack Ashton 1 for 2.30
6. Bill Wells & Steve Bethea 2 for 2.01
Brandon Houston & Guest 0
Adrian Sapp 0
Eric Sherman & Guest 0
Don Steussy & Chuck Sherman 0
The results for the October tournament held at Lake O.H. Ivie are:
Day 1 Day 2
1. Steve Bethea & Jack Ashton 4-10.48 and 2-2.55
2. Jody Woodruff & Kevin Balkissoon 2-4.97 and 3-6.39 Total: 11.36
3. Jesus Cruz & Willie Pesina 3-5.06 and 2-5.90 Total: 10.96
4. Chuck Sherman & Don Stuessy 1-4.89 and 2-3.30 Total: 8.19 Day 1 Big Bass - 4.89
5. Keith Ballard & Bill Gibson 3-6.14 and 1-1.90 Total: 8.04
6. Bill Wells & Jon Wells 1-1.29 and 2-5.58 Total: 6.87 Day 2 Big Bass - 4.30
7. Adrian Sapp 2-5.70 Total: 5.70
8. Andy Webb & Darby Russell 1-1.45 and 2-3.62 Total: 5.07
9. Mike Amescua & Adam DeLeon 2-3.18 and 1-1.32 Total: 4.50
10. Rick Trussell & Eric Sherman 1-1.26 and 2-3..02 Total: 4.28
11. Keith Balkissoon & John Hackney 2-3.54
Teams fished TCBC annual two day tournament on OH Ivie. With the lake 25 ft low, fishing was tough. Many teams caught alot of small keepers but not many over 18" was caught.
Steve and Jack came through on day one with the only double digit sack brought in. What even made this weight even more special was their boat would not plane out. They followed it up with two more fish on day 2 to take the win.
Jody and Kevin came through with two solid days of fishing for second.
Even though fishing was tougher than expected, we all had a good time and for all those that enjoyed it GREAT COOKOUT!
November 20 from 6am to 3pm at Lake Travis
1. Chuck Sherman and Kevin Balkissoon 5 for 11.54 BB - 3.27
2. Jody Woodruff & Brandon Houston 5 for 10.76
3. Bill Wells & Eric Sherman 5 for 9.17
4. Lee Sherman & Charlie Sherman 5 for 9.07
5. Don Steussy & John Hackney 5 for 8.92
6. Keith Ballard & Jack Ashton 5 for 8.48
7. Keith Balkissoon & Willie Pesina 5 for 7.84
8. Mike Amescua & Adrian Sapp 5 for 6.42
Great weather for TCBC's tournament on Travis. All teams had a limit but it was Chuck and Kevin "VC" that came through with the heaviest limit.
Chuck and Kevin caught majority of there limit on shakey head plastics.
Coming in second was the team of Jody and Brandon. They caught their limit on everything from "traps to jigs"
With the last tournament in Dec, Jody is still leading AoY with a large lead but the Balkisson brothers are within striking distance.
Dec 4, 2010 from 6:30am to 3:00pm at Lake Waco
1. Don Steussy & Kevin Balkissoon 4 for 7.93
2. Mike Amescua & Adrian Sapp 4 for 6.38
3. Keith Balkissoon & John Hackney 3 for 4.48
4. Chuck Sherman & Eric Sherman 1 for 3.86 BB - 3.86
5. Jack Ashton & Mike Wagner 2 for 3.09
6. Jody Woodruff & Steve Bethea 1 for 1.28
7-9: Bill Wells & Bill Gibson 0
Wayne Orender & Brandon Houston 0
Keith Ballard & Coy Paige 0
TCBC members finished the 2010 year out on Lake Waco. Not only was the final tournament up for grabs, but AoY was still being contested for and on any cast BBoY could be caught.
Lake Waco fished tough and the wind blew hard, but Don and Kevin managed to catch enough weight to finish first. They caught their fish with shallow diving crankbaits and jigs. Coming in second was Mike and Adrian.
As for AoY race Kevin made a late charge and Keith stayed at the top or close to it but "old school" Jody held on and won his first AoY.
As for BBoY, Eric's 7.82lb bass from Lake Falcon in March held up the rest of the year and gave Eric the award.
Congrats to Jody and Eric for their accomplishment. Great year for TCBC and all it's members. Have a happy and safe holidays!